Dr. Chang is a Doctor of Acupuncture (D.Ac.) in Rhode Island and a Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.) in New York and New Jersey. Dr. Chang holds a B.S. from Columbia University in New York City and a M.S. from the Swedish Institue College of Health Sciences. He is also currently pursuing his PhD in Classical Chinese Medicine.
Most acupuncturists trained only in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) which utilizes 12 meridians, whereas with Classical Chinese Medicine (CCM) one utilizes all 74 pathways of the body. Having this knowledge and experience of all 74 pathways allows Dr. Chang to choose the most appropriate pathways to provide healing for the patient.
Dr. Chang had the privilege of learning Classical Chinese Medicine from his mentor and teacher Master Jeffrey Yuen, an 88th Generation Daoist Preist and Lineage Holder of the Yu Qing Huang Lao Pai (Jade Purity Yellow Emperor Lao Zi School). He is also trained in other Classical Chinese Medical modalities such as fire cupping, emotional releases, detoxification, dietary nutrition, and essential oils blends for adults and children. Dr. Chang strives to honor, uphold and cultivate himself as one of the members of the 89th Generation of Classical Chinese Medicine practitioners.
- D.Ac. - Doctor of Acupuncture
- L.Ac. - Licensed Acupuncturist
- M.S. - Swedish Institute of College Health Sciences
- B.S. - Columbia University
- Acupuncture Orthopedics Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
- Acupuncture for the Cancer Patient Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Cosmetic Acupuncture for Facial Rejuvenation and Weight Loss Management Beijing, China
- Fertility, Pregnancy Care, and Post-Partum CareDaoist Healing Arts
- Advanced Acupuncture TechniquesClassical Chinese Medicine
- Essential Oils application in Classical Chinese Medicine Classical Chinese Medicine
- Qi Gong / Breathing Meditation Emei Mountain, China
- Classical Chinese Pulse DiagnosisClassical Chinese Medicine
- Chinese Herbal Patent FormulasClassical Chinese Medicine
- Clean Needle Technique CertifiedCouncil of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine