Dr. Chang has an exceptional background in Chinese Medicine, a synergy of intricate knowledge and extensive experience. With over 10 years of clinical experience, Dr. Chang is one of a handful of acupuncturists in the United States with a Doctorate Degree in Acupuncture. Dr. Chang holds a Bachelor of Science from Columbia University in New York City, a Master of Science from the Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences and a Doctorate Degree in Acupuncture from the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. He is a Licensed Acupuncturist in New Jersey and New York and a licensed Doctor of Acupuncture in Rhode Island.
Most acupuncturists trained only in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) which utilizes 12 meridians, whereas with Classical Chinese Medicine (CCM) one utilizes all 74 pathways of the body. Having this knowledge and experience of all 74 pathways allows Dr. Chang to choose the most appropriate pathways to provide healing for the patient.
Dr. Chang had the privilege of learning Classical Chinese Medicine from his mentor and teacher Master Jeffrey Yuen, an 88th Generation Daoist Preist and Lineage Holder of the Yu Qing Huang Lao Pai (Jade Purity Yellow Emperor Lao Zi School). He is also trained in other Classical Chinese Medical modalities such as fire cupping, emotional releases, detoxification, dietary nutrition, and essential oils blends for adults and children. Dr. Chang strives to honor, uphold and cultivate himself as one of the members of the 89th Generation of Classical Chinese Medicine practitioners.
- DAC - Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
- MS - Swedish Institute of College Health Sciences
- BS - Columbia University
- DAc - Doctor of Acupuncture (RI)
- LAc - Licensed Acupuncturist (NJ, NY)
- Acupuncture Orthopedics Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
- Acupuncture for the Cancer Patient Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Cosmetic Acupuncture for Facial Rejuvenation and Weight Loss Management Beijing, China
- Fertility, Pregnancy Care, and Post-Partum CareDaoist Healing Arts
- Advanced Acupuncture TechniquesClassical Chinese Medicine
- Essential Oils application in Classical Chinese Medicine Classical Chinese Medicine
- Qi Gong / Breathing Meditation Emei Mountain, China
- Classical Chinese Pulse DiagnosisClassical Chinese Medicine
- Chinese Herbal Patent FormulasClassical Chinese Medicine
- Clean Needle Technique CertifiedCouncil of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine